CSU Social Science Research and Instructional Center
- SSRIC (ssric.org)
About this group
The California State University Social Science Research and Instructional Center (SSRIC) provides a number of services to CSU faculty, students and staff. Please visit our website at http://www.ssric.org for more information on these services.
• CSU campuses have the opportunity to subscribe to three data archives -- the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), the Field Poll and the Roper Center. The SSRIC provides support to all CSU users of these archives.
• The SSRIC provides workshops on the use of these data, as well as on SPSS, SDA and instructional uses of the data. These workshops are provided at no cost to CSU campuses. Please contact ed Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule a workshop on your campus.
• The 36th annual SSRIC Student Research Conference will be held on Friday, May 4 at CSU Los Angeles. It is open to all undergraduate and graduate students at CSU and to students at community colleges.
• The Field Faculty Fellowship program offers the opportunity for one CSU faculty member to put twelve questions on a Field Poll. Proposals are due on April 15, 2012.
• Our membership in the ICPSR provides a tuition waiver for one CSU faculty member to attend a course or workshop at the ICPSR Summer Training Program.
• Our website also offers a number of teaching resources, including modules, exercises, and online textbooks. These online textbooks provide instruction on using SPSS (version 19) and research methods in Political Science.
If you would like to subscribe to our emails providing more information about the SSRIC and these services, please go to http://www.ssric.org/mailer/subscribe.
Members (showing 6 of 23)
Associate Professor / CSULA
Professor of Psychology / CSUSB
Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology, Department of Psychology / CSUMB
Assistant Professor, Department of Health Science / CSUF
Political Science / CSUCI
Sociology / CSUCI
News & announcements Subscribe
Instructional materials, including short exercises and longer modules with introductions to many methodological and statistical topics, are available on our website (see http://www.ssric.org in the “Teaching Resources” section) and can be downloaded by faculty and staff for their use.
Social Science Data Bases
Faculty, staff, and students on campuses that subscribe to the social science data bases have access to several data bases. The SSRIC provides assistance to all CSU faculty, staff, and students in accessing the information in these data bases. (See http://www.ssric.org/ under “Data” for more information.)